We are Knoxville's only retro hot rod ice cream truck! Click the links to learn more about us!

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Rear Bumper

When I found the metro van in a field, it did not have it's rear bumper.
 It is possible to find a Metro Van bumper but I don't think they looks cool enough for this project. So, I found a 55 Chevrolet truck bumper and thought it fit the body lines of the Metro Van perfectly .........but it wasn't wide enough to fit the Van. No worries! I cut one 55 Chevy truck bumper in half and bought a second 55 Chevy truck bumper and used it to fill in the center!
After I got the look (and the width) that I needed for the Metro Van's bumper, I had to lift up and lower the body to check the fit of the bumper braces that I made. 
Now that everything is finished and fitted, I can finally send the bumper and all the other chrome pieces to be re-chromed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment